Monday, December 14, 2009

Ouch after ouch.

After OBC today (God! Kenny in a kilt was a riot and yeah I pulled a muscled. First ouch.), I had a wedding dress fitting. *pause* (Second ouch coming. This time to my heart.) The tailor messed up. AGAIN! Luckily the other lady managed to fix it.... so yeah wedding dress DONE!!!

After that, I was scheduled for a tooth extraction at 3pm. (Third ouch) I came into the clinic and was immediately called in. Yikes! I still have a fear of dentists. I sat in the patient's chair and actually trembled. Sigh. I'm such a wuss. He told me to relax (like THAT will really help). And told me that he was gonna give me injections. I nodded. Then said "What? Injections?!?! You mean more than one. Sigh. I'm such a wuss.

In total I had 5 injections. It took a bit longer for it to kick in. Apparently it runs in the family. My dad was the same. Something about blood circulation or something like that. After a while though, my face became so numb and I couldn't really control my face muscles. When I had to rinse, I had to be careful because water kept spurting out embarassingly when I was rinsing. Then the dentist pulled out not one.. not two but three of my teeth. Sigh. He had some difficulty pulling out the second one and he actually grunted. Yeah. He grunted. It as a weird feeling. I could feel the pressure but not the pain (Thank GOD!) and it made a weird "eeee-yeeeeck" sound coming out like a creaking door swinging. After he was done with extracting all three, he stitched up my gums and put gauze into my mouth.

"Bite down for 15minutes ok? And come back next week to take out the stitches." Wait. What? Come back again?!?! Oh damn.

I was told that I will probably feel sore for a maximum of a week. and it will take about 6 weeks for it to completely heal. Woah.

With painkillers in hand, I left the building, with weird anticipation of the soreness to come. I shake my head, and made memo to self. Buy anti-bacterial mouthwash. Dentist said it would help.

Almost 3 hours later, here I am sitting blogging about it. The numbness hasn't gone away yet so it feels like half my face is swollen-ish even when it's not. Hopefully I won't feel the soreness much. Crossing my fingers. I've changed the gauze twice since pulling out my teeth and the bleeding seems to have slowed. But unfortunately no rinsing till tonight. Or at least till it stops bleeding. Sigh.

Will blog about how it feels tomorrow. Till next post,

Adieu.

No comments: