Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My stitches are out, I am bowling again, I was at the second-last OBC Session and my gums are recovering :)

I had my stitches taken out on Monday. And surprisingly, it was okay. Of course, my gums are still achy and sore but according to my dentist, that should subside with time. Cross my fingers.

Yesterday, I rested as much as possible to give time to my body and gums to heal more. But this migraine is sooo persistent. Of course, before I could actually rest, I had to wake up early and follow my Mom to Sunway Pyramid. Why? Because I am officially taking over from my sister in the Ladies Tuesday League. Sigh. I haven't bowled in a super long time, and I KNOW I definitely don't have any form. But yeah. I had to go bowl. Don't get me wrong. I love bowling. Just.... this gum-sore is definitely not making it enjoyable. I reached Pyramid, and I looked at the line-up list. What? I'm playing against the No.1? Not a good start. All in all, I played okay, but not good enough 'cos I still lost (well duuuhh!). Ooooh, my elbow is sore. Never mind, I will go rest after bowling. And I did.

This morning, I really was worried for a bit. Thought I had overslept. But no thank GOD! Got to Padang Merbok at around 5.35am. Hung out for a bit and there was some idle chat until something caught my attention. PJ session had what??? 40 grunts? OMG! I hope that doesn't happen to us.

We started the warm-up as per usual, with jogging, knee lunges and arm exercises. I was, at first, startled to find there weren't going to be any squat pulses. Okay. We walked towards the field. And yeah. We all found out the reason why. Sarge Sim says "You shall do 60 grunts." Belatedly, my mind registered the fact. What?!?!?!? 60?? Did he say 60? or 16?? Nope. 60 GRUNTS. Apparently 'cos of latecomers. Nyahahaha?!? Before I could fully understand what was happening, my body dropped down to grunt position. In my head, playing over and over, 60 grunts O.o I am definitely not dreaming as I feel the dirt and grass under my hands.

After it was painfully over, I dimly remember hearing Sarge Sim saying we have to do alternate exercises. We did jack knives, all sorts of push-ups, bicycle kick (dunno what's it called) and god knows how many other exercises. By this time, my thighs were burning and my left knee was protesting. Even my elbows were complaining. But NO! I'm not gonna give up. Yeahhhhhh it was over.

Nope it's not. We fell into our respective ranks in one file. We (as in rangers) started running in a lap around the field, while in the meantime Seals and Deltas have to continuously work on whatever exercise that was required at the time. Oh dear. This means, if we take a longer time to finish, they have to do it for longer. I was starting to slow down. No. Don't stop..ugh.. need to run. I think perhaps another 20-30meters more to go and I was slowly going down, but some of my rank mates bounced back and Henrik (THANK YOU!) grabbed my hand and ran with me. Talk about super motivation.

After Seals did their runs, the rest had to do exercises (I vaguely remember what type but just in case I'm wrong, I'm not going to mention it). Then the Deltas did their runs. This made me realise that I reaalllly need to buy new track pants. So embarassing. My pants were coming down 'cos I was starting to lose inches from the month-full of OBC. Ravin was next to me, and he laughed. So yeah. Next item to purchase: New Track Pants! Seriously though, my legs were beginning to turn to jelly. And I was seriously needing some motivation. How? Motivate others. So here I am doing my thing with jelly legs, fighting sliding track pants, and shouting, "Go DELTAS!! You can do it!" Did it work? Yeah, I could do it with a better mindset :)

Finally it was over.

Nope it wasn't. Off to the next station. We were arranged according to ranks. And within our ranks, we were paired up. I was partnered with Alex, "Hi Alex, I'm Ana." (in my head...heeeyyyy wasn't he with the ones that motivated the 60 grunts hahahahahah) but yeah, he was a great partner. We were stationed at a cone, and each cone represented a type of exercise. Me and Alex started with star jumps. The other types were: jack knives, push-ups, still jumps (?), running with a sandbag (which is the timer for the rest of us. When the 2 bootcampers come running back to the cone, it's time to switch cones), and deep squats.

Before we knew it, it was over. OBC is kinda like that. When you think it is over, it's not but when you least expect it, it's over. We did the warm-down exercise, oh that feels good.

I feel so accomplished because compared to my previous sessions, today I did not step out even once. I just continued. That HOO-YAH at the end of the session was like sweet music to my ears because I feel like I achieved something.

Some of us went for breakfast and that's when I realised that my gum-ache (that has been persistently dogging me and giving me a super migraine) feels a lot better. Great to feel almost human again. Now time to get my life back in order.

Till next post,

Adieu.

No comments: