Sunday, December 27, 2009

Peggy's Farewell Dinner and the Day After.

So last night, we went for dinner with a bunch of people from OBC because Peggy was leaving for Singapore *sniff*. We ate in Nero Vivo and the food is pretty good. The funny thing was we got turned around trying to get there and ended being late (oh so embarassing =.="). We weren't lost, I knew exactly where we were, just that all that one-way roads were really annoying me. Finally though, we managed to get there (in one piece.. heh) and we stayed for about an hour plus. It was relaxed and pretty much laid-back. A friend of Tricia and Tomi was there (Hi Nassim!! Is that how I spell your name??) and we were all trying to talk him into OBC (oh... we're so shameless.. >.<).

After Nero Vivo, we took a walk down to Gypsy. We had a table waiting (thanks to Shobs) and more bootcampers joined in. Pity though, my camera had no battery so no pics of the fun :(

Music was pretty good and everyone had a thumping good time. One of the funny moment was when a lady tried to *ahem* pick up (I'm toning it down a bit here) one of our friends. Poor guy. No matter where he ran to, the lady stalker was there. Some people just can't take no I guess. But it was funny in a way, 'cos our dear friend was obviously flailing trying to get away from his not-so-secret admirer.

Everyone had so much energy (dancing non-stop, I tell you). I had to take breaks though.. I'm not as superfit as most of the seniors (hahahaha). On top of dancing, there were many photo-op sessions by none other than our resident photographers, Rose and Nyna. Not to mention Shamil and his camera was clicking away, storing away all these precious memories.

We stayed till we couldn't stay no more and said our goodbyes especially to Peggy. We are going to miss you soooo much!!!

Just goes to show how sometimes "pain" and "suffering" can bring people close together. Me and Danny had just met the bootcampers of KL Alpha (and some PJ platoon ppl) end of last month, but it feels like we've known them for far longer. Everyone has their quirks and personalities and that just makes this particular group that much more special.

I'm definitely in for the next rounds of OBC and hopefully I'll improve my time during assessment. It will be held on the 4th of January, 2010. Crossing my fingers and wish me luck :)

After we came back home, I crawled into bed (pushing whatever clothes I was sorting through earlier while cleaning out my closet, off the bed). I woke up around 7am (thanks Dad) and by 8am, began cleaning my room again. Man, the amount of clothes I have. And I wonder why I always wear the same things over and over again. Sigh. I had breakfast around 9am and continued till lunch. After lunch, I cleaned and cleaned (there was stubborn ink spot in my drawers that took forever to clean) till about 4pm. Then continued from 5 till almost 6pm. By then, I was pretty much going stir crazy because I was spending too much time in my room. I'm normally out at work or doing something else.

I went out at 6pm to see some people and now I find myself itching to blog. I can't believe that OBC is taking a break for a week!!! What am I going to do?? Me and Danny definitely do not want to slack off, so we decided to go tomorrow morning to Kiara Park and run. So that is what we're going to do on Wednesday and Friday as well. All this in preparation to go back into OBC in January still keeping to our form (whatever little form we have, that is).

One month down the road, and I have lost 3 inches from around my waist. That's probably more inch loss than what I got from whatever I have tried to do for the past 6 years. I'm also feeling more confident, more energetic (of course that's in the last week of OBC after my gum-ache problems went away) and hopefully this will reflect in the other aspects of my life.

Can't wait for next year (I can't believe I'm saying this about exercise!!). Till next post,

Adieu.

No comments: